Sunday, December 7, 2008

One Flu Over the Cuckoo's Nest

I never understood any of the hubbub about the flu -- the hype about flu shots, the hysteria when there weren't enough flu shots and the hordes of people who lined up to get their flu shots (or drove up, in the case of the drive-by flu clinics here in Carteret County). It just all seemed like a bit much to me. I mean, how bad could this "flu" thing be? I just never got it.

Then I got the flu.

Man, did I get the flu. A one-two punch of the flu and a sinus infection. And it was like nothing that'd ever hit me before.

A week out of work, a fever higher than anything I'd ever had before and a headache like you wouldn't believe.

Now more than a week after I started feeling like crap, I'm finally starting to feel better. I'm ready to tackle heading back to work tomorrow and hopefully I'm done with the flu.

And I've learned an important lesson. The flu is no joke. So if you haven't already, get your flu shot. Trust me. I definitely will from now on.

Why? Because I finally got it.

No comments: