Saturday, November 29, 2008

Giving Back

Hey everyone,

Sorry it's been a while since I've updated the blog. I wish I could say that I had a really good excuse or reason, but I don't. That said, I hope everyone is doing well.

Last time I blogged, I talked about the sacrifices our men and women in uniform make for all of us. One person left a comment wondering how they could give back or send care packages to troops overseas.

Well, I'm sure there are lots of groups out there that provide ways for you to give back, but I'll recommend one that I know WNCT has worked with a number of times and has done stories about before.

It's called "Give 2 The Troops" and you can find its website at www.give2thetroops.org. They have a vast array of different ways you can get involved with giving back to our military -- monetary donations, items for care packages, calling cards, etc.

I'm sure there are other ways to give back -- and if you know of any, please let me know! But off the top of my head, that's one I wanted to recommend. So, take that for what it's worth, but check 'em out!

No comments: