Thursday, February 15, 2007

Lesson learned

So it's 2:08 a.m. and I'm just getting home from work. I learned a valuable lesson today -- don't make promises you can't keep. In my most recent post, I told you I'd have fresh content posted for you by Wednesday evening. As you can see, that didn't happen.

While it may be no big deal, it serves as a good lesson -- one that all of us, especially journalists, need to heed: don't promise something unless you're going to follow through. After a 17.5-hour work day, that's about as philosophical as I can get.

But whatever the case may be, when you make a promise, make sure you'll step up to the plate and deliver. My apologies for not delivering.

If you'd like to see why in the world I worked so late tonight, tune in to Eyewitness News Nine at 6:00 on Thursday -- you'll see a special report full of things you need to know before you make your next "big" purchase. Sorry, that's all I can tease you with! :-)

Have a great night, y'all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you kept your word. Thanks for your commitment!