Saturday, December 5, 2009

Hello Again

It's been a while, hasn't it? A lot has changed since my last blog. And the process of making that happen is part of why it's been so long since I updated this thing.

In case you didn't know, I'm now at WFMY News 2 in Greensboro. I had a great three years, two months and five days at WNCT. But the time had come for a change and the jump to the Triad certainly offered it. The new gig is a challenge, if for no other reason than the hours.

I'm the reporter for our "Good Morning Show," which means I work 4a to 1p and am often in bed by 7p (and getting out of bed at 2:30a -- yikes!). As someone who's something of a night owl, that's a huge change! But I'm getting used to it. And the "getting used to it" part is a lot easier because I work with some absolutely incredible people. Our morning crew does more with less every day -- and everyone works very hard. I think we put on a great product, and it's getting better each day. In fact, I don't think the competition held a candle to all the cool, creative stuff we did this past week.

The Greensboro/High Point/Winston-Salem market is also much, much bigger than the Greenville/Washington/New Bern market. So I'm also enjoying working at a station with more resources, more staff and more news to cover.

In my month on the job here so far, I've covered everything from shootings to Disney On Ice -- and I've had fun every day.

Part of getting used to the new hours will include working the blog back in to my routine. So I'll do my best to keep posting regularly. But at the very least, I wanted to catch everyone up and say hello again.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I'm glad you're enjoying your new job! Though I'm sure everyone misses seeing you around ENC